7th Colloquium on historical earthquakes & paleoseismology studies
Past seismicity knowledge for today’s earthquake science
Location: ICGC in Barcelona (Spain) – 4-6 October 2019 (google map)
Field trip: on 6 October 2019 : in the footsteps of the
earthquake of 1427 , field trip in Region of Amer-Olot ; the excursion
proposes a route in different places of geological and historical
interest: destroyed churches, assignments to the city of Olot,
neotectonic manifestations… with the medieval history department of the
University of Barcelona.
Program : link
Organized by the RESIF and ICGC
of historical seismicity is fundamental for the comprehension of seismic
phenomena as well as for hazard assessment, particularly for regions
where damaging earthquakes have long recurrence intervals. In this
regard, the study of all data sources giving access to the effects of
past earthquakes is essential: while instrumental seismology is “blind”
before early/mid XXth century, paleo, archeo and historical
approaches allow together to cover centuries of earthquakes through the
traces they left in geological formations, buildings and documents.
by RESIF (French seismologic and geodetic network) together with ICGC
(cartographic and geological institute of Catalonia), the 7th edition of the International Colloquium on Historical Earthquakes & Paleoseismology studies (ICHEPS-19) will be held from 4 to 6 November, 2019, in Barcelona (Spain).
is titled “Paleo-, archeo-, and historical data of earthquakes: an
interdisciplinary discussion of their value and use in seismology”, with
three main themes:
- From the collection to the interpretation of paleo, archeo, and historical data of earthquakes: pitfalls and challenges.
- From seismological data supplied by paleo-, archeo- and historical studies to earthquake parameters, scenarios, and seismic histories: pitfalls and challenges.
- An interdisciplinary debate on data representation, levels of data dissemination and accessibility, and treatment of data uncertainties.
We invite you to submit an abstract responding to one of these three themes. Selected papers will result in a balanced program between oral sessions and posters.
Download Abstract template here.
Abstracts must be submitted by email to :abstracts7-ICHEPS.
For further questions, please contact Organizers.
- Paola Albini (INGV- Roma)
- Josep Battlo (ICGC – Barcelona)
- Thierry Camelbeeck (ROB - Brussels)
- Diethelm Kaiser (BGR - Hannover)
- Oona Scotti (IRSN - Paris)
- Christophe Sira (EOST/BCSF - Strasbourg)
- Samuel Auclair (BRGM - Orléans)
- Sara Figueras (ICGC –Barcelona)
- Jose Antonio (ICGC- Barcelona)
- Marion Oswald (Unistra - Strasbourg)
Base fee (150€): covers all the coffee
breaks for 4 and 5 november, the Gala dinner on 4 October, the lunch on 5
and 6 november, and the field trip charges (transport, guide).
(accommodation is not included).
Student price : 80 € (Student registration fees includes access to the conferences, lunches,
coffee breaks, the gala dinner and the field trip charges ; accommodation is not included).
- Oral Presentation:
- Keynotes: 30 min (20/25 min presentation + 5/10 min questions)
- Normal Presentation: 20 min (15 min presentation + 5 min questions)
- Poster Presentation:
- Poster must be in Portrait
- Width: maximum 75 cm
- height: 100 cm